9.7.06

In Cold Blood: Iraqi Tells of Massacre at Farmhouse

In Cold Blood: Iraqi Tells of Massacre at Farmhouse - Los Angeles Times:

'Never in my mind could I have imagined such a gruesome sight,' Abu Firas Janabi said of the day in March when his cousin, Fakhriya Taha Muhsen; her husband, Kasim Hamza Rasheed; and their two daughters were slain and their farmhouse set ablaze.

'Kasim's corpse was in the corner of the room, and his head was smashed into pieces,' he said. The 5-year-old daughter, Hadel, was beside her father, and Janabi said he could see that Fakhriya's arms had been broken.

In another room, he found 15-year-old Abeer, naked and burned, with her head smashed in 'by a concrete block or a piece of iron.'

'There were burns from the bottom of her stomach to the end of her body, except for her feet,' he said.

'I did not believe what I was seeing. I tried to fool myself into believing I was in a dream. But the problem was that we were not dreaming. We put a piece of cloth over her body. Then I left the house together with my wife.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home